Case Study of Works done
Agro Logistics – State Government
A State Government in Nigeria is planning to set-up an Agro-Logistics hub to offer subsidized movement of fresh crops/ produce from the farm gates/ collection centres to the via integrated rail transport, storage facilities etc. The proposal is to support private sector initiatives by core players to set-up an Integrated Agro-Logistics Hub.
The State Government needed a project plan that will help attract technical partners and secure debt finance.
MIS put together the business and project plan that clearly shows the implementation and operations of the different sections of the planned hub:
- Transportation and Distribution (using the rail infrastructure)
- A Total Market Centre (TMC) for bulk trades and whole sales
- Storage/ Warehousing including cold storage facilities
- Other value added services (packaging, grading, sorting, processing etc)
Business plan addresses critical factors like:
- Project viability
- Required project team.
- Experienced industry expert to act as project technical advisor.
- Recommendations on securing stakeholders’ commitments.
- Detailed description of equipment options, and recommendation for supplier and phasing of equipment acquisition.
- Outline of key risks and mitigants.
- Key components of information memorandum and financial projections.
State Investment Board has secure approval for the Project. The State Government has secured the site as well as seed capital needed.
Discussions are on-going with potential Technical partners.