Case Study of Works done
Measurements and Calibration – Start up
Company is a Legal and technical/applied metrology services firm and also an Independent service provider (ISP) under Nigeria's Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment's current measurements and legal metrology implementation programme.
Company recently signed a Business Relationship Agreement with the Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) to set up, operate and maintain two (2) world class calibration laboratories in the areas of Flow Metering (oil and gas) and Electricity.
The company needs equity and debt financing for this purpose.
MIS formalized start-up business plan for the initial license acquiring as an Independent service provider (ISP) under Nigeria's Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment.
This includes fundraising for equity requirements necessary for the start-up of the company's operations.
On acquiring this license, the company then retained MIS to put together the Business plan for the setting up and operations of two calibration laboratories focusing on Flow Metering (oil and gas) and Electricity.
This Business plan covered:
- The dynamics of the calibration sector in Nigeria
- Market assessment for flow meter calibration targeted at the oil and gas industry
- Market analysis of the power sector highlighting the opportunity for calibration services at the back of the recent privatization of the sector.
- Operations and implementation
- Financial projections and evaluations showing the bankability of the project plan.
Company secured the license to operate as an Independent service provider (ISP) under Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment.
Company secured relevant technical partnership agreement with a foremost metrology and calibration institute in Europe.
Lately, compared was selected as preferred bidder as partner for the development of world class laboratories in conjunction with the SON.